Masters & PHDs Scheme
Masters & PHDs by Research (30 Awards (10 for PHDs and 20 for Masters))
Scheme Eligibility Criteria
An applicant must:
- be a Fijian citizen.
- be ordinarily resident in Fiji for at least three (3) years before the award commencement date unless determined by the Board or delegated authority on case-by-case basis.
- be enrolled for full time studies by research and not be engaging in any form of employment.
- not be an existing student enrolled for a PHD or Masters programme by research.
- be able to get a research proposal approved in one of the eligible University listed below and attach the final offer letter obtained in one of listed priority areas.
- not be an existing TSLS sponsored/funded student or sponsored through any other agency.
- apply for a priority area as advertised by TSLS on its online application portal via www.tsls.com.fj.
- must be fully vaccinated or exempted by Ministry of Health and Medical Services.
Proposed Scheme Benefits
- Tuition fees to be paid directly to the HEI.
- General Services fees paid directly to the HEI.
- Living allowance of $23,000 for Masters students and $26,000 for PhD students per year.
- Dependents Allowance (legally married spouse and children) of $10,000.00 per year.
- Field Grant – Only if the students is required and is approved to undertake field surveys for primary data collection up to $2500.00.
Scheme Priority Disciplines
- Medicine, Health and Science.
- Climate Change/Environmental Science.
- Marine Science.
- Public Policy and Analysis.
- Economics Modelling and Policies.
- Public Financing.
Eligible Higher Education Institutions
- Fiji National University.
- The University of the South Pacific.
- University of Fiji.