Telecom Fiji to develop TSLS mobile app
The Tertiary Scholarships and Loans Service (TSLS) signed a commercial agreement with Telecom Fiji Limited to develop the TSLS mobile App at the Telecom Fiji Headquarters on 15 September 2022.
The TSLS mobile App will be another source of online information available to TSLS sponsored and funded students.
- While signing, the TSLS Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Hasmukh Lal, said the application will provide real-time information on the student’s sponsorship and funding.
- The features of the application will enable the following:
- Students can create account and login to their accounts
- Keep track of the allowance processing status
- View their account details, download pdf account statements
- Changing of account details such as e-ticket, bank accounts, address, etc.
- Receive email notifications from TSLS
“The mobile application will be compatible with both Google Play and Apple” he said.
The CEO also highlighted that TSLS launched its revised Strategic Plan and ICT transformation is one of the strategic focus areas.
“TSLS has expanded its service delivery on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, Linkedin, Viber Community and will later integrate existing live chat. We want to be where our clients are,” said Dr. Lal.
“TSLS is pleased to enter into a commercial agreement after market-competitive selection process. As a taxpayer funded organisation, TSLS did public advertisement with the scope and received several quotations and Telecom Fiji was selected. It is a highly welcoming sign that Telecom Fiji is innovating and moving into systems and solutions development which is providing and widening choices for organisations in Fiji.”
Telecom CEO, Mr. Charles Goundar, states that they are focused on app development to complement its range of ICT products and solutions.
“We thank TSLS for choosing Telecom Fiji as their trusted partner for this project. Our in-house app developers will work with TSLS on taking another bold step in digitizing its services to students” said Mr. Charles Goundar.
“It is great to see many Fijian businesses forward-thinking and adopting technology to make the lives of Fijian students easier in line with the nation digitizing initiatives” added Mr. Goundar.